Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I Can Still Remember

Last night I had a dream. . .
I almost always dream about Jeff nowadays.
It's not very surprising.
There's only seven months to go before he's right in front of me.
My subconscious must linger on his memories more than usual,
Which is saying something.
In my dream he wasn't the little 19 year old boy I used to know.
He was older looking.
A man.
He looked like how he does in the pictures he sends me.
This dream wasn't very long, but it was a piece of Heaven.
It was his laugh.
I've missed it so much.
I haven't heard it in two years.
I heard it in my dream last night.
We were sitting on my couch just talking and laughing.
Probably flirting, but it wasn't long enough to tell.
He busted up laughing.
We laughed together.
Then I woke up,
Clenching his jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment