Wednesday, June 22, 2011

I Like to Write Poetry

I used to write poetry all the time.
Especially in high school.
I found this on my computer.
It was written about two months before Elder Jeff Gibson left for his mission.
It was later revised this last April.

Run Around in my Head

I could write a million words
Sonnets
Satire
A love poem for you
It sounds so cliché
When I speak of you
How you
Run around and around in my head
You run around and around in my head
Run around in my head
Every little glimpse of your face I get
As you run your pace
                                                            Pace
Run your pace
Around in my head
My head
Run around in my head
The memories of you
I hold on to
                                                            To
I hold on to you
I cup my hands around your imprint
                                                            Your imprint
Cupping my hands around your imprint
On my cracking heart
                                                            Cracking heart
Take good care of my heart
Because I pushed you away for so very long
Now when I came to let you in
                                                            I let you in
I finally let you in
I must let you go
                                                            Let you go
You must go.

-- Nikki Nebeker
December  17, 2009
Revised April 4, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment