Sunday, July 10, 2011

I Can't Sleep

This morning was a wonderful Saturday morning.
I didn't sleep in
too long
and I had the entire day off
I went out into the TV room with my blanket still wrapped around me.
Our basement is always freezing.
I take the current book I'm reading,
Catching Fire,
and settle in the couch for some cozy reading.
WELL!
About two hours pass and I start to get hungry.
So, I get up to go to the kitchen and. . .







Apparently I SAT on a HUGE SPIDER without even knowing it.
You may laugh,
but don't you dare say awe,
or call him a poor little guy.
Because he is the reason why I can't sleep right now.
HIS LONGEST LEG WAS ALMOST THE SIZE OF MY THUMB!!
He's the reason I'm blogging at 12:30AM.
Because I can't think of a place to sleep where the spiders can't get me.
And when I climbed into my bed I kept having nightmares
about spiders
trying to eat me
and I couldn't get away
of course.
It's going to be a long night.

2 comments:

  1. Awe Ha! that's why you were upstairs on the living room couch this morning. That's so gross, he was a big one. Never knew what hit him. Poor guy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. At first I thought, "That's awful! I can't believe she sat on him! Poor Nikki!" But then I realized that it's a good thing you sat ON him and not BESIDE him. Then he might have crawled into your lap.... :)

    ReplyDelete