Monday, June 27, 2011

Notice: Because I Have

I've noticed something happening to me lately.
I miss Jeff terribly,
but I don't feel the need to wallow.
Ha ha ha!
When Jeff first left I cried for a couple of days.
Not lies on this blog.
It turned to nights, I just missed him and love him a lot. I looked forward to the year mark when I could be stronger.
I admired the girl I saw in my head.
Once it turned to Thanksgiving the sadness eased a little and I only found myself having random hits of the two year blues. Only succumbing to bouts of sadness after a reminder of particularly memorable Jeff moment.
Now. . .
I am seven months away from the moment I've been looking to for two years.
Jeff will be in my little known town in Utah again.
Seven months.
I get to missing him and right as the tears come I can say,
Seven months.
I've already been here for seventeen months.
The girl I admired in my head the days after Elder Gibson left is supposed to be me now.
Wait. . .
You mean he's actually coming home someday?
I've gotten so used to waiting for him, it's so weird that this isn't going to last forever.
In fact it'll end in,
Seven months.

No comments:

Post a Comment