Friday, June 17, 2011

It's time to post

You see, I've noticed something since I started this blog.
I put off posting if something huge happens.
I don't know if I just don't want to face the emotion or what. . .
This post is about my Grandpa Nebeker.
Grandpa Nebeker passed away on June 5, 2011.
How lucky am I to know what I know!
My grandpa is with my grandma again.
Whenever I think of this reunion years in the making it makes me teary.
I'm going to see my grandpa again.
I'm going to hug my grandpa again.
I'm going to talk and talk with my grandpa again.
I love my grandpa.
















My grandpa as I knew him:
Kind
Selfless
Humble
Loving
Proud of his grandkids and great grandkids
He helped me get through my first and second semester of college.
He was always proud of me.
I miss him.
I'll see him again.
I remember having little conversations with him after work or class.
It was always about how I was doing and how he could help me out.
My grandma would usually get brought up,
how pretty she was,
how proud of her he was.
That reunion must've been beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. How sweet Nikki, Grandpa really was proud of you. I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU are an awesome writer. I love how you put your feelings into words.

    ReplyDelete