Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions?

This year I am stumped. . .
I could usually think up a pretty good resolution by now.
Problem is that everything will happen
whether I want it to or not,
which I do.
Jeff will come home.
Mike, my best friend, will come home.
I thought about running the marathon again,
but that one just seems too easy.
It was my resolution last year. . . 
Remember?
I was still new to the blogging scene,
new to this blog,
almost a year through Jeff's mission.

He comes home next month.

I guess I could make a resolution to not freak out.

I'm more calm since his last letter
Like always
and forever
Elder Gibson calms me down,
lets me be content,
slows the world down for me,
and he doesn't even have to be
face to face
to do it.
I think I will make a New Year's resolution to be more like that.
I'll try to reach out
without being asked
and try to be more aware of others feelings.
I'll try to make others lives easier,
more joyful,
and I'll try my best to be a positive influence.

Wish me luck. . .

2 comments:

  1. Where in the world did you come from. You inspire me and I am proud to be your Mom! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Nikki I heart your face! And your resolution!

    ReplyDelete