Sunday, March 27, 2011

Day Three -- A picture of a missed memory








This one needed four pictures.
Even though I got dumped out of my kayak into the freezing lake I wish I could live this day again.
This is where Jeff got his nickname of Pop Eye.
As we were rowing toward the sound of baby ducklings I looked over at Jeff.
He was looking at me with one eye shut and the other wide open, sitting up straight and rowing as fast as he could.
We were rowing toward the sun.
It was so random and funny I gave him the nickname and it stuck for months to come.
This was one of those days I looked at Jeff and wanted to spend forever with him.
We found baby ducks in the grass.
We got totally lost and tired from laughing and racing in our kayaks.
I watched him eat about a hundred sandwiches.
I got dumped in the lake by my dad trying to get into my parents boat while he just stepped in like it was nothing.
We played war and the wind blew one card away into the lake.
We bit the heads off of Sour Patch Kids and threw the rest into the lake hoping the fish would be scared off and not caught (sorry mom that's probably why you didn't catch any fish that day ;) ).
This is one of my favorite memories.
I miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment