Monday, October 11, 2010

One Mile at a Time

I've decided to train for next years St. George marathon. I would like to do something life changing before Jeff comes home.
Also, ever since I was 14 running has been my way of dealing with stress.
Today I was a cry baby.
As I was running I found that I've been trying to rid myself of the stress that comes with waiting for a missionary.
I've run so hard the last couple of days that I've hurt my ankle and gotten shin splits in both of my shins.
Still, the stress was there and I couldn't quite run fast enough to make it go away.
Finally, after pushing myself to the complete edge
after running a steep dirt hill I broke down and cried on a bench at the Santa Clara Cemetery.
Immediately I got the impression to pray.
I looked around and found a small corner were there were three benches surrounded by tall trees. I walked over, knelt down, and prayed about my concerns and asked my Heavenly Father for comfort.
I thought of all my family who have been with me through this.
I have my church.
Thank goodness for my church were I have friends and good, wholesome times to remember.
My wonderful friends, who will sit there and listen to me blubber.
I'm not alone.


I've recently started reading the book Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. It makes me realize how lucky I am that Jeff is on a mission.
This could be a lot worse.
He could be in the military, were I wouldn't know day to day whether he was even alive.
I know Jeff's protected.
I know what Jeff is doing.
I know where he is.
I know that he is happy and doing the right thing for him and his family.
I'm thankful for all these things and thankful that I could kneel and pray in that random time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment