Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Way Back When: Letter #2

March 10, 2010

Hey there, Nikki!
Yeah so guess what I noticed. . . my comp. looks just like Cory *Cory is an old friend of ours. He's actually the boyfriend I had in high school. I admit I broke Cory's heart by finally choosing Jeff who was his best friend. We had a big falling out, but Jeff remained consistent about making amends* from the back! Ha ha! (same head shape and hair cut and color) anyway. . . ha ha!
You probably shouldn't get kicked in the throat. . . *by my, then, five year old nephew Tanner while we were playing* hazardous to your health you know. . .
Oh just look at me! The ungrateful little welp that I am! Thank you so much for the package! My roomates loved it too! Especially the mangoes! *Jeff's favorite thing is dried mangoes so I sent him a huge bag along with dollar store easter toys and a package of Oreos, which was his code name in high school with my girlfriends and I in middle school. Back then I had a crush on him.* ¡Esta (they were) muy (very) bueno (good)! Thank you again! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! y otra vez, ¡Gracious!
I wrote a letter to Elder Rough today. Thanks for the pictures! *Elder Rough sent me some pictures which I copied and sent to Elder Gibson* It's good to see how he's doing!
We're learning lots! One of my teachers has my same sense of humor. . . we kind of. . . she quotes movies when they fit in with what she's saying. *Jeff is famous for doing exactly that* I think the second day we were here, she quoted Aladin "Rule number 1!! I started laughing pretty hard. . . and I was the only one. . . then she said, "Oh, sorry maybe I shouldn'. . . were you the only one who got that!?" Yeah, she's pretty funny. ;D - Ha!
My other teacher's pretty awesome too, I have never seen him not smiling, ever! and he's got this huge smile with lots of teeth. anyway, he's really cool and a good teacher!
Yeah, so 'DearElder' is way bigger than I though it was, that's like, most of the letters that come. Ok maybe not most, but a good chunk of the letters are 'DearElder's *www.dearelder.com is a website to write missionaries and send them packages*
Well, I gotsta go! ¡La Iglesia es verdad!
-Elder Gibson
P.S. Did Elder Perkins even come to this MTC? I'm not seen him anyplace. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment