Monday, October 4, 2010

First of Many

This is my first of many posts. I am a girl waiting for a missionary. This blog is based on the experiences, good and bad, I have while my Elder is gone.

Elder Gibson is serving in the Mexico Guadalajara East mission. He left February 24, 2010. I realized I was in love with him on a senior sluff trip to Lagoon. Elder Jeff Gibson and I have been best friends since our Junior year in high school. Jeff liked me all through high school, but I had a boyfriend and didn't give Jeff a thought until the end of our senior year.




I know, I'm so horrible. The important thing I realized is that Jeff and I ended up together before his mission as crazy as that sounds. I didn't realize I was in love with him until my mom told me one day, "you know someday you won't even remember Jeff." Horror struck me as I realized I've never wanted a life without Jeff in it. Eternity suddenly didn't sound as great without my best friend.



Jeff and I dated from July of 2009 and never really broke up before he left, never making any promises to him besides I would stay safe, have a ton of adventures, and make a ton of friends. We decided to be less intimate with each other around November 2009 because the idea of marriage and kids would start coming up in regular conversation. We understood the importance of his mission and the leap of faith we would need to take in order to get the promised blessings to us and our possible future children and grandchildren. I know that this leap will help us to be a whole lot stronger by the time he comes home. Elder Jeff Gibson is serving well and is a very steadfast Elder. He's the kind of man who wouldn't get distracted from his mission by anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment