Monday, February 6, 2012

Returning of Tears

Two years ago
my two best friends went on missions.
Two years ago I would cry
almost every night
because I was afraid to be
alone.
I remember getting
down
on my knees
and praying.
I made a deal.
"I will support them in every way I can
if you just don't let me be alone."
I felt reassurance.


It was a fair deal I'm guessing,
because Elder Gibson
and Elder Rough
left
and suddenly came Chase.

Chase has been my best friend through these two years.
I would cry to him.
I would vent to him.
He never let me fall on my face,
for two years.
I'm lucky to be best friends
with such a person as Chase.

My prayer was answered.
The deal was graciously kept between a daughter and a father.
I was never alone.

Two years are now over for my Elder Mike Rough.
He's home and awesome as ever
and his mission gave him a little more awesome.
Chase, Mike, and I have been hanging out every day for 12 days straight.

It's amazing that two years ago I was crying almost every night
because I felt so lonely,
but I knew I needed to support them.
Now I cry almost every night,
because I have two of the best men ever
as best friends.
Next to come is Elder Gibson.
I don't know how I could possibly be more happy with my life right now.
It's all been worth it.

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. Though it may not come at a time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."
-Come What May, and Love It
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete