Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hello My Valentine. . . 1,000 miles away.

I don't really like Valentine's Day.
No. . .
That's wrong. . .
I'll reword that. . .
I've never had a good Valentine's Day.
That's better.
I actually love the idea of Valentine's Day.
But come now,
my Valentine is so far away.

Today I've be wearing Jeff's jacket,
carrying around letters,
and wearing the aquamarine necklace.
I've been trying to bring up his name
and think of what his laugh sounded like.
I've been looking at pictures and watching videos.
I've let myself go nuts,
because it's Valentine's Day.
I keep a little scrapbook of the cute
text messages
Jeff sent me before he left.
I've been reading that too.
Here's a little piece for you:

":) --> :* --> :D"
October 29, 2009

"Good morning! I love you! :*"
November 5, 2009

"You have been poked on Facebook by Jeffrey Curtis Gibson"
November 6, 2009

"Ha ha! You make me smile."
October 7, 2009

"You're beautiful. . ."
October 13, 2009

"Thanks, I love you too! Don't ever think that I don't."
November 24, 2009

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome Nikki! In a couple of weeks he'll be home. For now I'll be your Valentine, I'll even take you on a date, dinner and a movie. I love you.....Mom :)

    ReplyDelete