Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Never thought I'd say this but. . . Help!

It's in three months. . .
The moment I've been waiting for
for 2 years.
I will see Elder Gibson.

3 months.

Not only are we in the single digits,
but the single syllables too.

What am I going to do?

I've pictured this day a million
billion
kazillion
times
in my head.
I've DREAMED about this moment,
starting the day he left.
But come on, I don't honestly know a thing.
I don't know how I'll react.
I don't know how he'll react.
I don't know what day it will be.
I don't know if I'll sleep the night before.
Will I get off work?
Will I be out of school?
Will it matter?
Will I spend a day with him?
Will it only last an hour?
Will I be allowed to hug him?
What will I say to him?
What will he say to me?
Will he be awkward with me?
Should I have someone else there,
to make him more comfortable?
Will I have to call him first?
I always pictured us meeting at the temple grounds.
I don't know why, that's just where my dreams put us.
But I don't even know if that's the place I'll see him
for the first time in 2 years.
I'm sending off his last package soon.
Last package.

What am I going to do?

I guess I'll fall back on the two things that have kept me going all this way.
I'll pray,
then I'll wing it.
Wish me luck. . .

3 months. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment