Saturday, February 26, 2011

And just like that it's been one year!

I remember when Jeff left last year my mom said to me, "just think, this time next year."
Now I'm thinking,
"just think, this time next year."
Did I freak you out yet?
I've been avoiding writing this post, because it's a heavy post to blog.
What am I supposed to type?
I could type a lot of things about Jeff, but a lot would seem cheesy, cliche, and forgettable.
Wait, we're talking about love here, right?
I was thinking about Jeff and I last night.

I realized that it's been a year.
365 days.
12 months.
52 weeks.
I haven't heard his voice.
His laugh.
IN A YEAR!
All I have known of Elder Gibson has been written letters that come a month later.
The occasional picture comes, but still, I must add, a month after the event.
Which also made me realized that I miss his voice and laugh terribly.
Yet I still love him. I still cling to his letters like a life source.
After an entire year of not seeing, or hearing him.
No hand holding, kissing, talking, texting, nothing.
I'm still madly in love with him!
Then the next thought frightened me. . .
Next month I can say he has eleven months left to go
Then the next month I will say that he has only ten months to go
Then nine. . .
Then eight. . .
Then seven. . .
This frightened me.
I have pictured the first time we will see each other after two years apart
Over and over
I've even dreamed about it!
But my dreams are usually very vivid and odd.
You can even ask Jeff.
I realized that I have no clue what it's going to actually be like.
I don't even know if I can see him until he's released, because I'm not going to be able to stand there and just shake his hand after the longest 2 years.
But I know Jeff.
I know that when we start hanging out again he's still going to be my wingman.
The guy I can count on to always be there.
Even after two years.
Because I've noticed something while Jeff and I were dating.
One year, six months ago.
He's not the best at communicating.
Not his feelings about something, because he'll serve you his mind if he thinks what your doing is wrong.
Come on, give him some credit, he's a guy and they don't think like us girls do.
Not the best, but he's kept in touch with me since the beginning of his mission.
In the MTC he wrote me every week, no matter how small the letter.
He finally got to Mexico and writes me every month.
Every. . .
That's one thing I'm thankful for through this two year mission, that he's stayed in touch.
Wait. . . There's only one more to go.
One more year.
365 days instead of 720
12 months instead of 24
52 weeks instead of 104

Oh my gosh, I'm halfway there
"Just think, this time next year."
Before the mission
Christmas 2010 (closest picture I have to present day)

No comments:

Post a Comment