Thursday, February 3, 2011

Written 11/29/2010. Sent 11/30/2010. Received 2/03/2011. . . I'm not even joking!

Hello there Nicole May Nebeker again! --bad handwriting. . . Ha ha! Ok so yeah the sunburn was pretty bad, but surprizingly it didn't hurt all that bad. . . it was weird but I wasn't complaining. . . ;) Oh ¡ha! my light fixture! that's actually extremely common. Houses actually don't catch on fire here because they're made out of concrete. The WHOLE thing! I'm glad you liked the pictures. :D Mexican food is actually WAY different than the the Mexican food that you get at resaurants. There's a tone --e?. . . ton more than burritos, enchiladas, quesadias, beans, and Spanish rice. And it varies depending where you are in Mèxico. Apparently there's a lot of meat in the north, but I actually eat a lot of vegetables and stuff like that. It's DELICIOUS!
Tell your mom "you're welcome" from me for here letter. I'm glad she liked it. (talking of the food again: the catsup IS a little odd. . . but eventually, I found myself using it. . . What's HAPPENING TO ME!??!!!?!?!!
Ha ha! Your job sounds like the way my brother described his old job: A manager thats just awful but another one that's really cool, upset costumers. . . I guess every job could be more or less like that (mas o menos así). (That Spanish phrase popped into my head before the English. . .)
Oh, thanks again for telling me about Cory. I don't really know why, but he always pops into my head every once and a while and I hope that he's doing ok. I everything that you wrote probably made a lot more sense to me than you meant it to. Especially the missing Texas a lot. I miss Park City a lot, or maybe just the UT SLC South mission. I don't know, but I loved it there. And I love it here even more! I would be so Deppressed (one "p"?) if I had to go home right now. I sometimes think about what it would be like if I went home right now for whatever reason, it just doesn't sound fun at all, and I would be horribly Mèxico sick (like homesick. . .) Anyway, thank you again, as of now, I'm still waiting for his letter, but these letters take two weeks to get to you at least. So I'll probably have his by the time you get this. You sent me a Thanksgiving package?! That's totally unexpected! Thank you!. . . I actually don't even have it yet, but I think that it'll be here. . . or actually, it's probably here by now and I'll get it later today because it's Monday! Thank you! I'm all excited now! You really DID buy those burritos at Taco Bell. . . and if you keep sending pacages, I'm pretty sure you're going to pass me up. "The shipping alone is costly you know!". . . (the old Johny Lingo) but seriously. Four packages and you'll be WAY past me! I do appriciate the packages though. . . ;) I just got your Thanksgiving package! I loved the leaves! É' Cruz has never seen a tree of colored leaves, just dead leaves on the ground. . . :/ The maple cookies were wonderful! I've never seen that before. . . But they were REALLY good! Everything was REALLY awesomely GOOD GREAT! (that was a better word. . . ;) ) ¡Awesomeness! But seriously thank you a ton! :) . . . Ha ha! I just read over what I wrote, and it sounds SO A.D.D.! Ha ha! Oh well. . . ;) Ha ha! Your dream! I laughed. . . a lot! I can totally see you dreaming something like that. It was really funny when I first read it, because the prices are like that down here (but in pesos) So I was just like, "what? Is that not a good price, or what?" then I remembered that you were talking about dollars. . . Ha ha! Has my cousin answered you back yet? Maybe not. . . he might answer my brother. . . actually, if he's not answering you, he probably won't answer Kevin either. . . Ha ha! I guess. . . just yeah, if he talks to you just tell me how it goes! :) Oh, yes, México does have day-light savings and it's wonderful for missionaries because we got to sleep for an extra hour and it was wonderfully wonderful. What kind of coolio phone does my brother have? You're welcome again for the pictures. I should probably send some more sometime soon. it's been a while. . . That's great that you got to hang out with Cory! (have you noticed I'm answering like four of your letters in this letter? ;) ) I'm glad you had a rockin' time! ;) With old friends. . . "Friends, near and far away, coming home to say,". . . I don't remember the rest. You'll have to watch some Winnie the Pooh to hear the rest.
Oh, Guess --capital? who I met on Wednesday! (12/22/2010) *I'm thinking his or the stamps dates are off* Elder Black from Mapleton! He told me "Hi!" from you, and a little about how Cory was doing when he left. But I've heard about him since then, but oh well, it was good to hear some news. Ha ha, it was completely random how we met too. . . In Guadalajara, there's a stake center right next to the temple and there was and open house going on for 4 days. On the last day my zone was chosen to sing Christmas hymns and a couple special musical numbers. I was actually playing the cello. . . not singing. . . ha ha! But anyway, when we got there my companion was thirsty so we went into a farmacy and got a water and the other elders that live with us just kept walking and I saw that they met up with some elders from the other Guadalajara mission (the temple is just barely in the other mission) Then we came out of the store and one of the missionaries (the Mexican one) got way excited (He knows my companion from school) So then us Americans got talking and I told him I was from St. George and he said, "I think a friend of yours added me on Facebook. . ." Then I figured out it was you. But it was so random  because we just happened to be walking right there at the same time. So yeah, that was cool. Then I went and played the cello! that was tons of fun! I'm glad that you had fun at Thanks-giving --one word. . . and I hope you're having fun today for Christmas. You're replacing Louie?! "He died and now you want to wipe him out of your life like he never exsisted! And I though you loved him. . ." (Yours, mine, and ours (the old one with Lucille Ball)) Anyway. . . Actually you're just sending him to be fixed but actually you probably have him back by now. . . one way or another. Oh and here are the 10 things that I'm thankful for: *Elder Gibson and I started writing ten things we're thankful for in every letter*
1. central heating
2. light fixtures
3. Imodium
4. letters/packages
5. bottled water
6. 2nd languages
7. public transportation
8. little stores on every corner
9. Cameras
10. Christmas calls to the family!
Yep so there's the list! Sorry I took so long to write this letter. . .


No comments:

Post a Comment