Thursday, January 27, 2011

Coincidence? I think not!

This would be better looking, but personally I think Blogger needs some help. I have to fight with all my posts to make them. . . Post right. Anyway!

My brakes in my car failed.
It's actally a funny story now that everyone's survived, I didn't crash, and some how everything turned out okay.
So, my mom and I were driving to Krave (a popular frozen yogurt place here in St. George) and as the mini-van in front of me was pulling into the turning lane I did too.
The mini-van stopped a little shorter than expected, but I should've been able to comply just fine.
Until my brakes started making this grinding noise and it was as if I was sliding at 35 miles an hour toward this mini-vans bumper.
All I could see were red brake lights and my mind went blank as I swurved, barely missed the van by inches (my mom will second that), went right into traffic, and back into the turning lane.
This was on Bluff Street in the evening when traffic is high and people are coming home from work. The fact that I totally missed the car in front of me was a miracle in itself, but the chance that I missed the huge truck that traded me spots leaving an open lane for me to swurve into was amazing.

Coinsedence? I think not!

That was an experience I won't forget. I was very much protected. I don't remember thinking at all, it's as if I already knew what to do. My car is in the shop and the new brakes will cost over a thousand dollars, but it's a blessing that no one was hurt. Plus, it humbles me to have to depend on others to get around. Thank you to everyone who drives me to work and play! My family and friends are amazing!

1 comment:

  1. You're right Nikki, I'll second that! So thankful we didn't crash. You were so calm and handled it like a pro.

    ReplyDelete