Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's Getting Easier

I have been given something that Jeff used to give me all the time.
When I was lonely,
or just cold.

It might not seem like much to some, but it's his jacket.
It means a lot to me.
He used to let me borrow it all the time.
I talking clear back into high school.
I have this thing with jackets. . .
It started back when my dad had some health problems. He was gone to Salt Lake to go to LDS Hospital. Call me a daddy's girl, but I would miss him a lot.
My dad had this wool sweater he would wear all the time and while he was gone I would wear it.
Fast forward a couple of years and now I have this funny thing with jackets.

I miss him, I miss him, I miss him.

Jeff's younger brother, Kevin, gave me Jeff's jacket.
Thank you Kevin, for making this year that much easier for me.
Now I have something physical I can hold on to.

1 comment: