Saturday, April 21, 2012

A Warning. . .

This will be a hard post.

This is to all the girls who are waiting for a missionary.
I almost want to call it a warning.

When I was waiting for a missionary I thought
all the time
about what it was going to be like when he was home.
I admit that I thought of timelines and progess
 and thought
for sure
by now
I'd know 
at least
where we were going.

Truth of it all is
I still don't.
He's still not ready for that.
Who knows if he ever will be?

Girls,
when your missionary comes home
still have a life to your own.

Girls,
hang out with your own friends.

Girls,
stop waiting.

The problem is we wait two years,
and he comes home with honor
and missionary weirdness
and we still think we're waiting.
We think forward to the day he'll snap out of it.

He's home.
Stop waiting.

If he loves you the weirdness will stop.
He'll want it to stop.

Continue to pray about him,
because he does come back different.
Don't expect him to come home a 19 year old.

And don't expect everything to turn out
according to plan.
If it doesn't. . .

Don't you ever think you aren't ever to be loved.
There is a guy out there that knows you're a
daughter of God
and will treat you that way.
He'll take you to the temple
and marry you for time
and all eternity,
because he loves you that much.

Pray about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment