Sunday, September 11, 2011

Be Patient

Wait
And be patient about it.
It seems like I could be okay with being asked to wait,
but the instruction to be patient is very hard to do.


Today I was a bawl baby
again.
I couldn't help it!
Everything I saw reminded me of a memory with Jeff.
If I
sit
think
and remember
I could hear his laugh.
I feel like that little 18 year old in February
2010
Crying at any mention of him.
Now that I go on with life I'm absolutely
sick and tired
of being alone.
Alone at FHE
Alone at church
Alone at firesides
Alone at institute
Alone at work
Alone at school
I am always alone doing something.
I've actually knocked off some of those things on that list
because I'm so tired
of being alone.

I had to give myself a pep talk today to knock off the sorrows.
Just because I am alone doing those things doesn't make them any less of a righteous pursuit.
I am known to my Heavenly Father.
In spite of my loneliness
I am expected to go and do.
Jeff chose to go all the way to Mexico
by himself.
It was a decision he made
on his own.
I might be by myself in some places,
but I am never totally alone.
It doesn't matter how far from home I get
or how dislocated
alienated
or segregated
I am
Alone I am not.

I hereby give myself permission to cry
on one condition,
that I get back up
suck it up
and wait with patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment